Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trade Personnel: Migrating as a trade person

There are a lots of skilled trade persons in demand in Australia. Some of such trade persons are

1. Automotive Electrician
2. Cooks and Chefs
3. Blacksmith
4. Plumbers
5. Brick layers
6. Butcher
7. Carpenter
8. Electrician
9. Gardener
10. Hair Dresser

The list is exhaustive and can be checked by viewing the Skilled Occupation list at the following URL

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf


Migrating as a trade person is relatively easy as compared to a Professional or an Associate professional. There are many limitations on professionals which are not there on trade persons. For example, to immigrate as a trade person,

  1. You only need to have a score of band 5 , vocational, in all modules to be eligible for an application for permanent residency where as in non-trade professions such as accountant, IT, engineering, you require a minimum score of band 6 in all modules of IELTS.
  2. The minimum amount of study requirement is only high school where as in most non-trade professions the minimum amount of requirement is at least a bachelors degree.
The above mentioned two main advantages of applying for immigration as a trade person make it very easy for trade persons to apply for offshore immigration.

The greatest benefit in applying for immigration as a trades person is that there is great abundance of highly paid jobs for qualified trades personnel. I personally know a chef who gets paid an annual salary of $80,000 in one of Sydney's best restaurant.

So my advice to all those people who are not able to apply for immigration as professionals is that they should explore the option of applying for immigration as a trades person.

The usual process of skills assessment and the usual requirement of work experience of one year applies to trade personnel as well.

In most cases the assessing body for trades personnel is either VETASSES or TRA.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Junaid. First of all,i appreciate your efforts in providing right information to many .i want to know my eligibility for offshore immigration.i completed my masters with 2 years of study in Australia around 3 yrs back.after my education i applied for immigration,but due to some personal reasons, i had to withdraw my application.basically,i come under electronics engineer(2125-13)which is in MODL.can i apply for permanent immigration as offshore applicant without any experience.do i need reassess my qualification,let me know your thoughts on this.

Junaid Noor said...

@^^

Hi Junaid. First of all,i appreciate your efforts in providing right information to many .i want to know my eligibility for offshore immigration.i completed my masters with 2 years of study in Australia around 3 yrs back.after my education i applied for immigration,but due to some personal reasons, i had to withdraw my application.basically,i come under electronics engineer(2125-13)which is in MODL.can i apply for permanent immigration as offshore applicant without any experience.do i need reassess my qualification,let me know your thoughts on this.


For all offshore immigration applications, one yr of full time paid work experience is required.

Your assessment from engineers Australia is a life time assessment and doesn't expire. So if you obtained a positive skills assessment as an electronics engineer back 3 yrs ago, it is still valid.

However, you need to have one yr of work experience before you can apply for offshore immigration.

Kind Regards

Junaid

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for giving response.as i said my assessment is already done in electronics(when i was in Australia), then application is withdrawn,then after i'm working in computers field for the past 1 year.can i show this 1 year experience in computers with same assessment in electronics engineer and reapply.

Junaid Noor said...

@^^

Read the post over here

http://immigrate-to-australia.blogspot.com/2008/12/asco-codes-and-their-meaning.html

If your work description matches that of what the ASCO considers as an electronics engineer then yes you can apply.

You can find the description of an electronics engineer at the following link.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Previousproducts/EF50D35CBDD2D78ECA25697E001850E0?opendocument

Kind Regards

Junaid

Unknown said...

i did my bachelor of engineering in electronics but i want to asses my degree as a trade person....

can i asses my degree as a electronics trade person ?

if yes then how many years of experience i have to show?

Junaid Noor said...

@Tejas

Are you applying for offshore migration or are you a student in Australia?

Unknown said...

Hi. I have applied through a consultant. I am MA Economics from Pak and working in a bank in UAE. However, the consultant got my Vetassess done as Economist, and I already got a positive outcome. Now the consultant wants to send my application as a 'business professional'. Pls tell me whether it will work? i.e. my job experience letters are as relationship manager in corporate banking, my vetassess is as an economist and my application would be as a business professional!

Junaid Noor said...

@Tanveer

Your consultant has not done any thing wrong.

The only question is that by doing so you would only be able to claim 5 points for specific work experience instead of 10 points as both the occupations are 50 point occupations.

You need to have worked as a business professional for at least 3 out of the last 4 yrs to claim 5 points.

Kind Regards

Junaid

Frosty said...

Hi Junaid,

I am having trouble finding out who and how to get my Butchery trade assess, can you please help..

Junaid Noor said...

@Frosty

You can find the name of your profession and the assessing body by checking the document below.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule4.pdf

The assessing body for butchers is TRA.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NO LONGER A REGISTERED MIGRATION AGENT AND BY COMMUNICATING WITH YOU, I AM NOT GIVING YOU ANY PAID OR UNPAID ADVICE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DECISIONS YOU MAKE BASED ON MY RESPONSES. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OR ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF ANY APPLICATIONS YOU LODGE WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION, AUSTRALIA. PLEASE CONSULT A REGISTERED MIGRATION AGENT FOR ADVICE ON AUSTRALIAN MIGRATION.